Friday, April 2, 2010

weak week??

well everyone is probably wondering "what did they DO this week?" Good question all! For one I tortured myself with diet and exercise...still 2 days to go before the big weigh in. I'm hoping to drop 3 lbs this week. I even made a chart to "help" me reach my weekly goals. we shall see. The kids on the other hand did a myriad of things this week which I am struggling to bring from the recesses of my mind. It seems we did a lot of tidying this week. lots of baking and cooking ( much to the chagrin of my diet I might add) I guess we just did regular stuff...fun stuff...life stuff! J has started paying a computer game where you are a miner in a mine or something and he's walking behind me spouting off all the different things you have to do to get such and such out of the ground. He was using all this tech jargon for at least a few minutes before my radar went off and I started asking questions like "huh? what was that? what does that mean?" etc etc. I didn't want him to know I hadn't really been listening for le last few minutes, but he was VERY exited...I'm thinking segue to ca mining history? Ya know my brain is always on the lookout for new ways to pique my kids interest ( and mine) to learning something new and different! The girls have taken up reading to one another ...so cute...and me. I started using LA workbooks with the older ones. I think it will benefit them both for the time being to help them learn more quickly what they are interested in. Just this week super T has gotten much better with her reading and is probably up to her grade level ( if we cared... which I do if it looks good for us;) Big M is only interested in keeping her nose in a book and her hand on a mixing spoon. The cookbook is coming along. This weekend we are going to make homemade Oreo cakesters! Or try to anyway! Will post to let all the people in nowhere land know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment